Top Jobs for Professionals in Global Business Management
As economic, cultural, and societal globalization is accelerated by communication technology and transportation, global business management professionals are essential in managing this transformation. Those with an MBA degree concentrated on global business can assess how differing economic, political, social, and cultural factors influence multinational enterprises. As a result, professionals with an MBA in global business studies can succeed in C-suite roles, across various industries and organizations. Learn more about the top jobs for professionals with a business degree, in-demand skills in the global job market, and typical salaries based on the role and career experience.
What jobs can you get with a business management degree?
There are numerous careers for professionals with a business management degree to explore. Each role requires distinct skills, from financial trading and international marketing to data analysis and business operations. We have compiled several career paths for those with a business management degree.
Business development manager
One of the most favoured jobs for professionals with a business degree is working as a business development manager. Business development managers help businesses expand by outlining a business development plan, establishing relationships with potential partners, clients, and customers, and hitting revenue goals. Business development managers help improve profitability by expanding a business into international markets. These professionals must possess up-to-date knowledge about global markets, business operations, and international laws and regulations that could impact the strategy.
Business development manager responsibilities:
- Researching and identifying business opportunities at a global scale
- Generating leads and contacting partners and customers
- Presenting business plans to customers and clients
- Outlining business growth objectives and creating a corresponding strategy
- Carrying out operational changes
- Support workforce transformation and employee training programs
- Research and understand trends in the evolving international business landscape
Business development manager salary:
The average salary of business development managers varies across provinces; a business development manager in Ontario earns $145,146 and in British Columbia, earns closer to $155,310.
Organizations have a surplus of data, and as a result, data science is one of the fastest-growing industries in Canada. Data scientists transform unstructured data into meaningful insights that organizations use to improve business strategy, operations, and overall results. Data scientists analyze and interpret raw data using algorithmic, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and statistical tools. Data scientists with a background in global business management display the right combination of technical, analytical, and communication skills needed to present findings in an international context.
Data scientist responsibilities:
- Building algorithms and designing experiments to clean and extract data
- Using machine learning tools to produce data-driven solutions to business challenges
- Testing data mining models and selecting the right model for each project
- Communicating findings to internal and external teams, including leaders, stakeholders, and clients
- Using data visualization tools to create clear reports that tell clear stories about the data and findings
- Staying up-to-date with the latest technology, processes, and trends in business
- Enabling business expansion by using data insights to identify opportunities across HR, marketing, supply chain, and other areas
Data scientist salary:
Database analysts and data administrators usually earn approximately $57.00/hour in Canada, which converts to $111,150.
Financial traders are professionals who buy and sell shares, bonds, and assets for investors. Traders work with individuals and banks to make prices, execute trades, maximize assets and minimize financial risk. It’s especially important for financial traders to approach their role from an international perspective. Traders must constantly observe and track happenings in the international markets to identify issues that may affect their clients, current market prices, possible risks, and patterns for predicting future opportunities.
Financial trader responsibilities:
- Gathering information and analyzing the market
- Using detailed data analysis to craft in-depth market reports
- Developing client relationships and presenting ideas to clients
- Communicating with market-making traders about relevant information concerning customers and products
- Acquiring market prices from market-making traders and executing the trade
Financial trader salary:
Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents in Canada earn a median wage of $37.00/hour and can earn up to $76.00/hour, which converts to approximately $76,960 and $152,000.
Marketing executives lead local and international marketing campaigns to drive brand awareness, sales, and revenue for their organization. Private and public companies require marketing organizations to help sell products and services or bolster public relations through awareness campaigns. For example, a not-for-profit organization may hire a marketing team to raise awareness and encourage donations to their cause. Marketing executives are high-level leaders who coordinate marketing strategies and manage teams, from strategy to execution.
Marketing executive responsibilities:
- Promoting your brand through awareness campaigns
- Identifying target audiences and compiling customer databases
- Launching marketing plans, advertising, direct marketing and campaigns
- Organizing advert opportunities and distribution channels
- Managing in-house or external creative teams to create marketing materials
- Conducting market research
- Distributing marketing campaigns, including digital, out-of-home, radio, etc.
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders
Marketing executive salary:
Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers in Canada earn between $43.00/hour to $67.00/hour, which converts to approximately $83,850 to $130,650.
Supply chain manager
Supply chain managers are responsible for the movement of goods, from manufacturers and suppliers to the customer. They oversee and manage every stage of the production flow, from purchasing materials to delivering the final product to customers. Professionals working in this role must be highly organized to effectively manage distribution, forecast trends that may impact the product flow, and manage inventories.
Supply chain manager responsibilities:
- Communicating with procurement managers and buyers
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers and customers
- Planning a logistical strategy to hit targets
- Managing product storage, handling and distribution
- Developing inventories to keep records and analyze the performance
- Optimizing costs while maintaining quality
- Streamlining the overall supply chain performance and looking for any possible innovations to the process
- Minimizing operational and reputational risks and complying with regulations
- Meeting sustainability targets by monitoring the environmental impact of the supply chain
Supply chain manager salary:
On average, supply chain managers in Canada earn between $50.00/hour and $73.00/hour, which converts to $97,500 to $142,350.
Start Your Online MBA at One of the Best Universities in the UK
Are you a driven and passionate professional willing to dedicate the time and effort required to earn an online MBA degree? Aston University offers an online MBA degree with a pathway in global business where you can develop a systematic understanding of the fundamental aspects of the global business environment that influence business decisions and behaviour.
Join an internationally recognized, triple-accredited school, learn high-demand career skills and expand your network by connecting with over 100,000 international alumni.
Are you ready to elevate your career? Take the next step and discover more about Aston University Online.